Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finishing the Tamiya Universal Carrier Mk. II: Part I




Well, I thought it was about time for another review [Being as the last one finished on April 5.... :P ] and luckily, I'm just about finished Tamiya's British Universal Carrier Mk II - Forced Recon( http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=35249 for more details) so I decided that I should explain how I worked on finishing the Carrier.


I started off by painting it Deco-Art's Americana Light Avocado paint. ( For a full line of Deco-Art Paints go to http://www.decoart.com/) I chose this color after many failed attempts to make my own shade, but this one was just about perfect. I painted the carrier in two parts; the main hull and then the front guard area. After painting the these I applyed black Deco-Art paint to the wheels. (For future reference; all paint that I use is Deco-Art, so I won't be stating the brand from now on.) I was exceptionally pleased with the result, because it really made the color of the vehicle appear darker.

2 comments:

bkress said...

Zaltar,
I purchased a Universal Carrier Mk.ll on ebay and it has instructions in Japanese only. Do you know where I can get an English version? I've checked everywhere with no luck. Tamiya has had me on their distribution list for these instructions for a year now, no luck with them either. Thanks.
(filtrete69@hotmail.com)

zaltar said...

Check Your E-mail, I sent you my Instructions in a PDF file.