Saturday, June 26, 2010

How to Make a Winter Diorama Part I


Well, it sure has been a while, hasn't it? With a grand total of about 40 views in the past months and zero progress on my Tiger, it sure seems like it's time to do something. Therefore I'm starting a new build, based on a winter diorama from a build that I'm doing on Armorama. Although they'll get to see some pictures, you guys get the full story and extra pictures, just for sticking through the slow months!
Well, I started off by planning the diorama. Where would I want the setting to be? When? What figures would go with it? I decided on a scene in Belgium, during the Winter of 1944, with the Dragon Sherman Firefly that I bought last summer. As you may have seen on Armorama, the vehicle build is nearly complete, but the diorama is just getting underway. Next, I took a piece of styrofoam just big enough for the tank and some scenery and started to design with a handy Sharpie marker.

Here was the result of a couple of minutes of design:
Now, the fun part really starts, but that's a story for another time...

No comments: