Sunday, March 30, 2008

An Officer's Story: Airfix British 8th Army Review; Pt.1


With March coming to a close, I'm going to go throught the steps that I went through to finish the officer from Airfix's 1/72 scale British 8th Army kit. I bought this kit last summer and really didn't get around to making it until now. When I first opened the box, the first thing I noticed was the quality of the kit. The figures are some of the best that I've ever seen. The molding was almot perfect with only a few lines and minimal flash. As I was looking throught the sprues one figure caught my eye. That figure was an officer that had no mold lines and looked better than the rest. When I looked at him I knew that he was the best figure in the kit. After a couple of weeks the box was put somewheres and was almost forgotten until a few weeks ago I took it out, having finished my last kit, the Tamiya Pak 40, (look for the pictures, coming soon) and sprayed the figures. Then they were ready for painting. The officer is shown in the picture with the Airfix Panzer IV

No comments: