Friday, March 7, 2008

Tamiya Panther Ausf. A Build; Part 6


Today I'll talk about painting and finishing the Panther. I have left off the tool racks, tracks, and all other accessories that go on the sides. I painted it in three parts: chassis, body, and turret. After masking off the figures I airbrushed on Decoart Tan on all the parts.c Then I free handed the camouflage using Decoart Burnt Sienna and Hunter Green. After the paint dried I added a Decoart gloss coat. Then I painted all tool and accessories. I also gave the tracks a dry brushing of Decoart Burnt Umber. After this was finished I used a bit more of the same brown form the tracks on the tools, body bottom edges, and wheels. Then I added the decals, Which are beautiful with lots of options(I chose Totenkopf division) Then I used Tamiya's weathering master tool powders to blend in the decals a bit and a a bit of roughness to the model. And there you have it, a great tank that looks straight from the battle.

No comments: